Friday, December 12, 2008

This Week's Shopping List

This week, I tried to get as far away from Thanksgiving as I possibly could. After all, it's been two weeks! But we'd been eating leftovers in one form or another ever since that scale-confounding day. Now, it was time for something completely different.

This week's menu looked like this:

Lunch: Macaroni & Cheese Plus

Dinner:
- Coconut Spinach Mahi Mahi over brown rice (leftover from last week)
- Grilled Bison Steaks with Sweet Potato Mash and Steamed Broccoli
- Baked Falafel with Israeli Salad and Tahini in Whole Wheat Pita
- Whole Wheat Spinach Lasagna

In addition to lunches and dinners, this week also involved making about 50 cupcakes for my father-in-law's birthday party, as well as some more healthy truffles for holiday gifts. These are variations on the White Chocolate Macadamia Truffles that I served at Thanksgiving:
- CB&J (Cashew Butter & Jam) Truffles
- Black Sesame Truffles
- Coconut Almond Truffles
- Chocolate Truffles

This was this week's shopping list (* indicates non-organic):

red onion
cucumber
oranges/clementines
bananas
Braeburn apples (1.49/lb)
pears
falafel mix* (not organic, but no artificial ingredients)
puffed rice cereal
Purely Os cereal
soy milk
rainbow sprinkles* (not organic, but also not artificial)
powdered sugar
frozen spinach ($1.00 coupon)
cheese
milk
eggs
bison steaks* (not organic, but grass-fed, hormone and antibiotic-free)
decaf coffee, free trade (5.99) ($1.50 coupon)
whole wheat pita*
sunflower seeds
raisins

This was a rare week in that I bought everything on my list, and I did not buy any extra stuff. That never happens! The total for this week came to $91.42. I did also get a delivery from one of my wholesale clubs this week, but I haven't been billed for it yet, so we'll add that total on when it comes. I'm also expecting a delivery from another wholesale club next week, so that will be added on, too. I've been a very busy shopping girl!

No comments: