Monday, May 4, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

This is one of the several dips and sauces that I prepared for my daughter's birthday party. The recipe basically belongs to Jacques Pepin, but as I could only find his list of ingredients, and not an actual recipe, I made up the proportions myself. It's wonderful! I'm eating the leftovers as we speak.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip
8 oz. neufchatel or cream cheese (I use neufchatel because it's lower in fat)
4-6 roasted red peppers (I use jarred, but you could make your own, if you're so inclined)
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 ounce chives
2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
salt, to taste

Throw everything in a food processor, and blend until relatively smooth (the seeds might still provide some small amount of texture and crunch). Serve with dipping instruments of your choice (crudite, chips, pita wedges, bagel chips, pretzels ...).

No comments: